Since 2001, NASTAD Ethiopia has worked collaboratively with the Federal Ministry of Health, Federal HAPCO, Regional Health Bureaus and Regional HAPCOs to create sustainable improvements in the government health care system’s response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
NASTAD Ethiopia established a field office in 2007 and has staff located in a central office in Addis Ababa and in five regions (Addis Ababa, Amhara, Dire Dawa, Oromia, and Southern Nations, Nationalities, and People’s Region [SNNPR]), co-located in regional health bureaus and regional HAPCOs to provide direct support in implementing activities.
NASTAD Ethiopia is a key partner in national and regional efforts in:
- Antiretroviral treatment (ART) Adherence Support
- Utilizing community based models that are scientifically proven
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Supporting locally driven health system performance planning and monitoring
- Strategic Information and Surveillance
- Providing leadership in the development of HIV case based surveillance
- Community health indicator monitoring